Monday, September 13, 2010

Holding Your Breath.




There's something to be said about holding one's breath. Something surreal and magical. How do we, as humans, survive under water without breathing? We don't have gills. Although I think I am half mermaid hah, the other half of me is truly human.

Here's what I think. When surfing, holding my breath is very important because its the way I survive the dive under waves or when being thrashed in shore break. As I am holding my breath and fighting to reach the surface, nothing else matters except that breath. Nothing but that matters. No stress, pain, agony, anger... nothing. It might seem selfish, but we are humans. We're known for being independent.

So apply that to life. We don't need a ton of materialistic things. Live a simple life. From breath to breath.

Be at peace with who you are and where you are at.
Next time you duckdive a wave or go over the falls, remember to live simply.
When one ceases to breathe, their whole world ends.