Monday, July 19, 2010

Ventura


Last night started my adventure up the coast and so far, so good. Stopped in Ventura last night to sleep in my car. It's not the first time I slept in my car but I knew it was quite uncomfortable before, yet I did it again and will probably do it tonight too. Hah. I'm breaking so many social norms: a female traveling alone, and being a surfer too for that fact... And probably more. Sleeping in my car has always made me apprehensive that some one will find me or scare me... But i actually slept pretty good last night and woke up only a couple of times. It's hard to share the trunk with my surfboard. Maybe there's a better configuration.

Pretty soon I'm going to look for some waves. That's a challenge in itself because i don't know all the local spots are like down in Newport. I have been to Ventura so I am lucky because I know my way to California St. I've heard of Emma Wood and I want to check that place out.

Not sure where I'm headed after that... But it doesn't really matter because I'm free--I can go wherever want. So many people want that freedom but not many actually pursue it.

The purpose of the trip was to get away and clear my head. I enjoy a good challenge & this definitely is. No shower yet but they have one down at C-street.

Let the adventure continue!!!!!!